Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans are a hearty mix of ground beef, bacon and three types of beans in a tangy, sweet and slightly spicy sauce.
How To Make Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans Recipe
You’ll want to start out by cooking up some bacon until crisp, then set it aside and brown some ground beef and onions in a skillet. This is probably the most laborious step and it literally takes 5 minutes to do.
Homemade Baked Beans Variations
- Try switching out different types of beans to suit your taste
- Use ground turkey in place of ground beef
- Add a diced up jalapeno (with seeds) to bring this up the spice level
Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans
These savory and hearty Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans are a simple side dish or main dish that's filled with beef, bacon and beans!
- ½ lb thick cut bacon, cut into pieces
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 15oz cans chili beans (do not drain)
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup HEINZ Ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Discard all but 2 tbsp of the bacon grease and return skillet to stovetop. Brown the ground beef and onion in the remaining bacon grease until no longer pink and onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the ground beef mixture, bacon and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or HIGH for 1 to 2 hours. Stir before serving and enjoy.